A Rundown of Events So Far
Following the success of a children’s Sports Day which we ran in the summer of 2017, we agreed there was enough interest to enter a new Area in the Dublin Community Games.
A number of us meet with a representative of the Community Games to discuss what was needed to create this new area.
– We needed to all get Garda-vetted
– We needed to come up with a name – Roebuck
– We needed to create a boundary for an area not already contained within an existing Community Games Area. We intentionally kept it small for the first year
– We needed to set up a committee, which was made up of Chair Daithí Ó hAoláin, Treasurer Cathal Cavanagh, Secretary Aoibhinn Woods, Assistant Secretary Shane Cotter and Children’s Officer Aoife Cavanagh.
– We needed to register all this on the Community Games website
– We need to seek approval to use the Rosemount sports fields and book our timeslots in advance.
– We needed to run a local Sports Day event for the Roebuck area. This was run on a Sunday afternoon, 22nd April, at 1.30pm on the Rosemount playing field.