We held our AGM last week, on Monday 22nd upstairs in The Goat. There was a very good turnout of residents, and we had a productive and informative meeting. So what were the main items for discussion?
– We now have a new ‘refurbished’ committee (*see below)
– We are in a strong financial position, and our annual subscription remains at €20 euro for 2018/19.
– We have a total of 290 members (households) in our association, up from 261 last year. This is out of a possible 360 households in our area.
– The Tidy Districts’ group’s exceptional work continues. Please help out where you can.
– The playground in Taney, which opened in April of this year, is a fantastic asset to families in the area. We are also delighted to see the formation of a new residents’ association in Taney, Taney Area Residents’ Association
. We have already begun to collaborate with them on various local issues.
– The Goatstown Community Games
got off to a flying start in 2018 with our first set of local athletes representing us in Santry during the summer.
– There are three big planning issues of concern to members: Our Lady’s Grove, the IGB site and the Central Mental Hospital. There was a lot of information given, and discussion had, about these three sites.
– Neighbourhood Watch and the Neighbourhood Friendly Initiative will be evolving further over the following year
– Events on the Green: now that we have our own gazebo, nothing can stop the par-tay.
But most importantly: PLEASE KEEP IN TOUCH!
Email us “for help” or “to help” at email@example.com
You can also visit our informative website at www.roebuckresidents.com
The reports presented at the AGM will be available to view here on the website, over the following couple of weeks.
* New Committee 2018/19
We have four new committee members:
Seán Neville, Farmhill Drive,
Liz Quinn, Farmhill Road
Shaun Saurin, Mount Carmel Avenue
Susan Kennedy, Farmhill Road
We have three re-elected committee members:
Úna O’Shea, Farmhill Drive
Stan McHugh, (retiring as Chair), Farmhill Drive,
Garrett Robinson, Larchfield Road
We have four retiring committee members. These members have contributed significantly to the success of our community over the previous three years, and we wish to thank them for all their work.
Teresa Byrne (Treasurer), Mount Carmel Road
Paddy Ryan (Secretary), Mount Carmel Road
Máire O’Donohoe, Friarsland Road
Gianfranco Butera, Larchfield Road