An eagle-eyed member of the Association’s committee spotted the Land Development Agency’s submission to the recent Dundrum Local Area Plan’s public consultation process. It gives an interesting insight into the LDA’s plans for this site.
From our reading of it, the thinking at the time of the submission seems to be:
1) Keeping and refurbishment of buildings to the north.
2) High housing density (Note, 1,500 units is mentioned but that has since been revised down to 1,200 on the LDA’s website).
3) ‘Connections to the wider community’
4) Minimising car parking and ‘reliance on private car commuting’
5) Addition of 2nd vehicle entrance – ‘For emergency purposes’.
You can download and view the submission here. (Word .docx, 2.9MB)