The LDA has released some concept plans of what it is being proposed for the Central Mental Hospital site. They have just launched a “Virtual Consultation Room” on their website at www.dundrumcentral.ie.
It is our opinion, that the “Virtual Consultation Room” they have developed will be inaccessible to many people due to the technology used in developing it. We have requested that they provide us with a more straightforward version that can be accessed by all. Until we get this, we have managed to get some screenshots of the content and have uploaded them. You can view them below.
This concept proposal is open to public comment until 28th February 2021. You can comment via their website.
There will be two public webinars held by the LDA:
1. Wednesday 27th January, 7pm
2. Tuesday 2nd February, 5pm
(Register for these via the “Get Involved” tab on the dundrumcentral.ie website)
After that the timeline is as follows:
– Public consultation up to 28th February 2021. Following this, feedback received will be collated and considered and the designs will be developed up into a draft masterplan in the coming months.
– A further stage of consultation will be undertaken on the Masterplan.
– Following this stage, a planning application will be prepared and submitted for decision. Estimated timescale is mid-2021.
– Subject to An Bord Pleanála approval, construction is expected to commence in 2022 with the first units expected to be made available later in 2023.