End of Summer Party – The Aftermath
Despite the awful weather yet again, there was a great turn-out at Saturday’s End of Summer Party on Farmhill Road. First of all, we’d like to say a huge thank you to the two ladies who made it possible, Janine Billings and Joanne Morgan. They had a vision, and boy did they deliver! It couldn’t have happened without them. We’d also like to thank everyone else who helped out, their names are below.
Some of the highlights were:
- The fire brigade. Thanks very much to the very patient firemen who put up with all the madness!
- The magician/clown who was kept very busy creating balloon animals and painting the faces of damp kids!
- A mini nail salon for the small kids; some fantastic nail art was created during the day.
- A mini disco, helped along by some very professional routines performed by some of the older kids.
- Giant games like Jenga and Connect 4, and loads of colouring equipment for the smaller kids.
- The Dundrum Gardaí who turned up with flashing lights and siren blaring!
- The chip van and the ice-cream van. Who can say no to chips and ice-cream.
- The Tug of War. We had a kids’ tug of war, a fathers’ tug of war, and a mothers’ one too. No hernias that we know of, just plenty of fun!
- Birthday celebrations for Mossy who turned 9 that day.
- Chatting and music that continued on until late that night.
Well done to all involved, a very successful event. We’d like to thank the following people for all their hard work. Apologies if we’ve somehow managed to leave someone out!
Emma and Dave O’Loughlin (A huge thanks to Prop Me Up. Emma and Dave are also Mossy’s parents!), Joseph Nolan, Ann Savage and Seamus Moran, Dave and Rosaleen Morrissey, Seamus and Michele O’Sullivan, Niamh and Brendan Howard, Michael Donnelly, Cara and Adrian McGreevy, Michelle and Charlie McCreery, Brian O’Brien, Ray and Vicky O’Neill.
If anyone has any good photos, please send them into us. We’d like to get some prints for the now traditional display in Lynam’s.