Imagine Dundrum are holding a webinar “A Changing Dundrum Village: Information and Inspiration” next Tuesday evening,16th November, 8pm – 9.15pm. With the imminent development of the old shopping centre site by Hammerson (The UK company that owns the site, and some of Dundrum Main Street, has plans to build 800+ apartments on the site. You can read about this here.), this will be an opportunity to find out more. The Chair for the evening will be Dr Alan Mee, UCD School of Architecture.
Register for the webinar here.
The agenda is as follows:
- Welcome and introductory remarks
- Strategic Housing Development – the challenges to communities
Robin Mandal, former Director, RMA Architects, former President of the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland, Chair of the Dublin Democratic Planning Alliance (DDPA)
- Designing for Liveable Neighbourhoods: the case for low rise/ high density building – John Dobbin, Architect, Urbanist and Director, Shay Cleary Architects
- Re-imagining Dundrum Village: proposals from Imagine Dundrum Anne Colgan, Chair/ co-founder of Imagine Dundrum, and Independent Councillor for Dundrum Ward, DLR Council
- Questions and suggestions for the panel