What a great day out we had last Saturday at the Street Party. Well over a hundred adults along with vast hordes of kids arrived to join in the fun. It’s a pity the micro pig rang in sick and couldn’t make it. Still though, the large lizard thing and snake more than made up for his absence.
The event was organised by the Farmhill Road dynamic duo, Janine Billings and Joanne Morgan. A huge thanks to them for all their work in planning and delivering a superb Street Party yet again.
We would also like to thank the following:
– Prop Me Up for the core tent, tables, chairs, games, and for the very creative face painter
– Daphne’s Precious Pets for the mobile farm, which was a huge hit with the younger kids. (Special thanks to Gandon Law for very generously sponsoring the farm.)
– Lynam’s for organising the wine expert and tasting. Lots learned. No more Blue Nun for the likes of us.
– Hannah Nolan who managed both the sweet shop for the kids, and the cupcakes, which were delicately decorated by the kids themselves before being quickly scoffed. (The proceeds from the cupcakes will be going to charity.)
– Adventure Catering for the best burger and chips in town
– The ice cream van
– Michael Donnelly for lending us his gazebo and his music/ speakers
– Daithí Ó hAoláin and Tom O’Connor for their gazebos
– Nutgrove Fire Station
– Brendan Howard for the Tug of War rope
And of course all those who helped in their various ways to make the day the great community event it was:
Ray and Vicky, Michelle and Seamus, Michelle and Charlie, Anne and Seamus, Brendan and Niamh, Paul, Conor and Laura, and most importantly, all the kids who helped out on the day.
There are some great photos on display in Lynam’s window. All taken and developed by Wendy (a big thanks to Wendy for doing such a great job).