There are so many features it’s hard to know where to begin…
● So let’s start with the MICRO PIG! Yes, Farmhill Road will be visited by a miniature micro pig. He will be accompanied by lots of his animal friends. We will have a mobile farm full of little animals that the kids can pet and pick up. The farm will be with us from 4pm to 6.30pm. This feature has been very kindly sponsored by local solicitors, Gandon Law.
● There will be an ice-cream van serving ice-cream obviously, also slushies, pop-corn and candyfloss.
● The chip van which was such a hit last year is coming back and will be on-site from about 5pm onwards.
● For the sophisticates among us there will be a wine tasting table, where you will be able to sample wines and discuss viticultural topics. You can purchase the wine from Lynam’s on the day, or place a future order.
● A world’s first (probably) – we will have a “slime” table! It seems “slime” is the toy du jour of the 8/9/10 year olds of Goatstown. It’s a disgusting-sounding mixture of various household things that results in a slime that the kids love holding and playing with. Completely harmless, but great fun, so we’re told.
● Cupcake table – lots of plain cupcakes that the kids can have great fun decorating with icing and toppings.
● Arts and crafts – make greeting cards using card, glitters, glue, shells etc.
● Nail art – nail painting and decorating
● Tug O’ War – dust off that pulling outfit again!